Wednesday, December 16, 2009

The first twenty years

Humans are funny, really.  We take for granted the most important things in our lives, the love we share with others.  Every once in a while we use arbitrary tools like holidays and anniversaries to wake ourselves up for a moment and realize for that fleeting moment what we have.

Today we rode our bikes under sunny Colorado skies in a kind of déjà vu of our lives nearly twenty years ago.  The cold wind kept snapping my attention back to the woman spinning next to me and I don’t know if I’ve felt so close to her as now.  We struggle in our lives, a climb up a twelve percent grade sometimes, but in the deepest part of ourselves we know that there will more moments of free motion, gliding with the wind at our backs.

And I smile in anticipation.

 

Happy anniversary Janet!

 

3 comments:

m. suen said...

Happy Anniversary!!

trena said...

Sweet tribute - happy happy anniversary Chris and Janet (my parents were married on December 15, too!)

Jason Danvir said...

Very nice Mr. Sauer.
I hope you're doing well, its been too long...
Merry Christmas.
JD