Friday, July 11, 2008

Super Week Schedule

Racing starts tomorrow in Illinois and I'll be heading down to Blue Island for their second annual SW race. Last year was not an auspicious start: lots of crashes, dicey pavement and hot temps. Not sure what this year will bring, but as long as the thunderstorms hold off...

Here's my schedule for the next two weeks. I might add Downer's and/or Racine to the mix if I'm feeling great, otherwise I'm sticking to my rule of two or three races and an easy spin day. Nothing like having a 44 year old carcass to haul around! Like my friend/mentor Geoff in Le Boulou says, 'Racing as you get older is 60 percent mental and 40 percent physical.' He's still winning at 62, so there might be some truth in that. More later, off to the races!

7/12: St. Francis Hospital Blue Island ProAm [Men 3]
7/13: Olympia Club Criterium [Men 3]
7/15: Ray Basso Bensenville Criterium - Day 1 [Men 3]
7/17: Humboldt Park Criterium [Men 3]
7/18: Ripon Red Hawk Criterium [Men 3]
7/19: Carl Zach Cycling Classic presented by Couri Insurance Agency [Men 3]
7/22: WDSC Cedarburg Cycling Classic presented by Time Warner Cable [Men 3]
7/23: Whitnall Park Criterium [Men 3]
7/25: Chase Food Folks & Spokes [Men 3]
7/27: Time Warner Cable Whitefish Bay Classic [Men 3]

Here are some quick links for info:

Daily race info

Race Technical Guide

Results

No comments: