Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Chrysalis

The best way to get over jet lag and the second best thing to the jimjilbang in Korea?  My bike.

Wide awake and bushy-tailed at 3:30am at the Daegu Gyeongbuk English Village, just off of Hwy 4.  There is a jet plane parked outside of my window and, no, it’s not a delusion brought on by the wierd Hindu meals I ate on the United flight yesterday.  It’s a DC-3 brought over from the US and reassembled on the Village’s grounds as a thematic classroom.  It’s outside my sliding glass door window, lit up by both the full moon and floodlights. With no window coverings, my room is lit up in megawatt incandescence.

I sleep for five hours.  This is a good thing.  My plan for tomorrow/today is to get physically tired enough to sleep six hours tonight.  Part of the plan involves what’s in the bag.

No comments: